The Sacrament of Confirmation
Receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation is about deepening your relationship with God, directing your life more closely to Christ, and relying on the Holy Spirit to give you the gifts to lead the incredible life of faith and service to which God is calling you.
A main component of the High School Confirmation & Youth Ministry program at Saint Thomas is preparation for and receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation. This is a two-year process which consists of the following components:
Year 1 – Can be done any year, Grades 9-11, but is typically done Freshmen year:
- Attendance at Journey Nights,
- Completion of the Journey Program Service Experiences Sheet, which requires 20 hours of service to be done throughout the school-year. These 20 hours must be split between at least 3 projects, and at least 1 of those projects must be done through a St. Thomas sponsored event.
- Freshmen have added requirements of participation in Freshmen Small Groups, and a 1-day Retreat experience in the fall.
Year 2 – Can be done any year, grades 10-12, but is typically done Sophomore year:
- Continued enrollment and attendance at Journey Nights
- Completion of the Journey Program Service Experience Sheet, which requires 20 hours of service to be done throughout the school-year. These 20 hours must be split between at least 3 projects, and at least 1 of those projects must be done through a St. Thomas sponsored event.
- Completion of a weekend LIFE Retreat (Click here for more information)
- A semester of class experience (two sessions offered, one in the Fall with the other in the Spring, including multiple time slots per week per session)
- Writing of a “Faith Action Plan”
- Selection of a Confirmation sponsor (Click here to see guidelines for picking a sponsor)
- Attend Confirmation rehearsal and other required meetings
- Sacrament of Confirmation received in April-May